Bound proof

By Adam Roberts | October 8, 2008
Categories: Book News

Good grief: dusty in here, isn't it? I need to whizz around with a damp cloth.

Well, I've been busy: rather too busy, in many ways. But I'll be popping back in rather more frequently now, I'm pleased to say. To start with, I've just received in the post the very splendid-looking bound proofs of my next novel, Yellow Blue Tibia. I'm as excited as a jellyfishing Spongebob Squarepants; I'm as happy as the sunlit sea; I raise my arms.

Tags:

6 Responses to “Bound proof”

1. Alex Says:
    October 8th, 2008 at 10:39 pm

Oh so exciting. Though I don't see what's happening there in the middle.

I was also happy to find out that Splinter is now in affordable paperback form!

2. RG Sanders Says:
    October 9th, 2008 at 6:37 pm

In the middle? I'm guessing it was either folded (in the post) or its a printed illusion to evoke an aged piece?

Anywho...

That is a nice bound proof. This is going to be a good book isn't it? I can hear my love of 'Polystom' echoing again.

3. Rainer Skupsch Says:
    October 16th, 2008 at 3:06 pm

Oh! Konstantin Skvorecky! Where did you find this name? Did you perhaps nick Konstantin Paustovskij's Christian name and then combine it with Josef Skvorecky's family name? That would give me another excellent reason to buy the book! (I envy everybody who has not yet read the first two Danny Smiricky novels.)

4. Adam Whitehead Says:
    October 25th, 2008 at 12:39 am

I'm not sure if this is going to be an annual thing (Troy McClure voice: "Hi, you may remember me from Gollancz autumn parties and reviewing Swiftly last year,"), but Simon sent me the proofs for this one. Read it, thought it was excellent and at times hilarious. I'm not sure I want to know where the KGB interrogation scene came from!

5. Master Prudent Says:
    December 2nd, 2008 at 2:23 pm

Strange... I don't remember that particular invasion.

December 2nd, 2008 at 2:27 pm

Master P. You trust your memory of the 80s, do you?

Comments