Un (abashed, heralded)

By Adam Roberts | December 16, 2008
Categories: Blogging

Stumbled across this assessment from Liviu C Suciu, recorded for all eternity on Mark Chitty's Walker of Worlds blog: "I am an unabashed Roberts fan and I consider him the best 'unheralded' sf author there by far, on par with any big sf name you care to mention.' Nice to know!

6 Responses to “Un (abashed, heralded)”

1. Mark Says:
    December 16th, 2008 at 9:21 pm

Liviu has very similar tastes to mine so I'm looking forward to get into Splinter. I have to ask though - what of your other books would you recommend to an Adam Roberts newcomer? And thanks for the link Adam, very much appreciated!

2. DrNic Says:
    December 18th, 2008 at 10:46 pm

I'm sure Adam would argue (and rightly so) that he has progressed as a writer since it was published, but my first Roberts book was Salt, and I would wholeheartedly recommend it as an introduction to his work - its a rare novel of both intellectual ambition and literary panache.

3. Jos Says:
    December 20th, 2008 at 7:31 pm

I would recommend "Stone" as a starting point. It's a fun, entertaing novel. Its intellectual depth is of the same order of other Roberts' novels, however. It's the one that got me hooked.

December 21st, 2008 at 11:46 am

My favourite amongst my novels is often the one I wrote most recently: in this case Yellow Blue Tibia; and before that Swiftly. But what I like in my books doesn't seem to correlate with what other people like in them, when they do like them: so Jos's advice is good.

5. Lou Anders Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 8:56 pm

I'll always have a soft spot for ON. But I've never read anything by Adam, of any length, that wasn't utterly brilliant and totally amazing.

January 28th, 2009 at 4:59 pm